|Sample task. From English to Spanish|
- English/Spanish dictionary. Ideally students should do the following exercise in the computer room using the dictionary in www.wordreference.com Students may also use a traditional paper bilingual dictionary.
- Power point with examples of sentences to translate
- Translate from Spanish to English. Students become aware of the many different meanings of Spanish words before translating into English.
- Translate from English to Spanish. Students become aware of the many different meanings of English words.
- The third ones are challenging and the worst part is that they are real! Students try to figure out what bad users of dictionaries really meant!!